Sunday, October 16, 2005

Simple Request?

Hey howdy hey and good morning. I have yet to go to sleep yet today, this morning really, because I just got home about an hour and a half ago. Yep. I cleaned my usual every-other-Saturday house and then put in another 5 and a half hours at the office... And I was not able to get out and about first thing this morning not because I had golf class (it rained, no class when it rains), but because I woke up with a nasty headache and went back to sleep. So, I left the office at 1230...

Now, I am sitting here thinking of all the qualifications I would like my job to have. Why? Because all I have read all day are ads for jobs requiring qualifications I don't yet have... But I'm working on that one.

Instead of making myself feel worse than I already do (wouldn't ya know, I got yelled at both today and yesterday for, you guessed it, not really anything at all!), I thought it might help if I make a list to remind myself what I am looking for!

1) A position in which my immediate supervisor is actually qualified to be in their position.

2) A position in which the people around me are not threatened if one of us has more experience than another in a certain field, and therefore do not take their inadequate feelings out on the rest of us.

3) A position in which the head honchos do little to kill the morale. I like to work my butt off, give me a reason to want to work it off harder!

4) A position in a professional environment where no one yells (unless there is a darn good reason to- i.e. you have to raise your voice in order to be heard on the other end of the phone by the 89 year old you are speaking with, or there is a *heaven forbid* fire.) at anyone else.

5) A position that allows me to grow into being the person I am yet to find out who will be, by challenging me, strengthening me, and guiding me towards achieving my full potential.

6) Possibly a position that pays for further education (Nursing school anyone?) . (Or will bring flexibility that allows me to take the courses.)

7) While this is a changing world and minds should be allowed to change, a position in which those minds do not change with the wind.

8) A position in which the people I speak to actually listen to me, and remember what I have said when important, so that as to avoid them feling like they need to go against request #4.

9) A position that allows me to work with people, because that can be really fun.

10) A position that offers room to climb the ladder, preferably with more than 3 rungs.



How's that?



*sigh* Did I tell you on the flight back from Orlando the plane stopped in Phoenix? I sat on the plane for probably a good 45 minutes (How long does it take for one group to get off, the attendants to go through, count, clean, and another group to board?) knowing that my mom was only about 10 minutes away! That really sucked! So, I came home and bought another plane ticket. :D hehehe.. I'll be there on the 4th, which is only a litle over two weeks away! hahahaha... That makes me so happy. Mom says my homework is to have a new job before I come... LOL

And Neil and I have been better than ever after our little chat. Thats another thing I love about him, not only does he always amaze me, but when we need to talk about something like that, we find a solution or common-ground fast. We've never said goodnight mad at each other. It helps that he is so darn hard to get mad at, but still. We think a lot alike, or similar enough that we can appreciate each other's logic and honestly discuss anything. I'm the one who freaks out, he's the one who calms me down, and rightfully so. We balance each other out, thankfully so... I feel like the luckiest person in the whole world...

Before I make myself cry, I'm going to have a crack at sleeping. Thanks for listening. (I might say that every time... LOL It feels like a good ending.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

If you want your job to pay for nursing school, you should probably get certified to be a CNA and go to work at a hospital. It is good practical experience for being a nurse, you get your education paid for, and you will never treat a CNA badly when you are an RN!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Not until around 8...

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home