Sunday, September 18, 2005

$189OUCH

My brother Garrett and I used to have similar eating habits. By that, I don't mean that we ate the same foods, had cravings for the same things, but that we both go through spurts where we will either a) eat anything and everything we can or b) hardly eat anything at all. This never used to be a problem for me. But lately, its been the everything kick I've been on. Except it seems to be not 'everything' that I'm eating, but how much of whatever I'm eating I'm eating.
When I went to Oregon in June for my cousin Karen's wedding, I went prepared to hear the fat jokes, and comments about the weight I have gained since I saw that side of my family last. Now, in all fairness, I am not really fat. I've just put on a good almost 30 pounds since I had seen them last. And none of it is in height.
I left California prepared, because my aunt Kathy's house is famous for picking on people. Not in a harsh and demeaning way, but that is just the way it goes in their house. If one of the kids brings home a new boyfriend or girlfriend, they have to pass the test of dealing with the pickingon and jokes. Since the last time I have been there, it had toned down a little. No one commented on my weight but me. I warned my mom ahead of time, and when I walked out to meet her, she said "You have put on a little bit." The look on her face was surprise. My aunt, however, was a little more comforting. "You have gained a little bit, but you're fine, and you'll lose it."
Well, I have not lost anything. I'm having a hard time getting to the point of trying. I've changed how I eat a little, and its changing more every day. I just can't get back into the kick of exercising. And its amazing how much you don't realize you've put on until the season starts changing and you have to find the clothes for that season. I found mine, and they didn't fit. Ok, the tops do, but the pants don't.
Since I was so bored last night, knowing I have TWO pairs of long pants that fit, I went out to find more. And I did. So that I'm covered, I ended up spending $189. Considering what all I bought, that actually isn't bad. But, I realized I can't find half of the shirts I had, so I need to get more of those too. Great....
Anyway, its football Sunday, and Neil has Direct TV for the very reason that he can have the Sunday Ticket and watch all of the games he possibly can. I'm off to go join him. We're having Tri-tip for dinner... Yum. I think I'll pick up some baby reds and a sweet potato or two to cook up with it... Green beans or brussel sprouts? Green beans.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I am about to start making Brena go walking with me in the evenings so both of us can tone down again.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home