Thursday, September 29, 2005

Probably more than you'll ever want to know- 100 things about me

1. Lets start from the beginning- I was born in Auburn, California
2. I lived in Foresthill, Ca for 18 years
3. I moved to Oregon for 2 years
4. I lived with my mom in Oregon
5. I ended up moving in with her because my dad and I had a fight
6. I wanted to visit her for the summer then decide whether or not I wanted to stay for school. He said, no, you'll decide now
7. I said fine, I'll go stay there for a year.
8. I was in Oregon the next week.
9. My dad is a really great guy, I was just a horrible child. (there was more to the argument than I'll fess up to here)
10. I've gotten a lot smarter since I was 14.
11. Instead of referring to my clostest/best friends as friends, I usually end up calling them my "sister"
12. I've had two of these "sisters" that I have referred to as "sister" most often.
13. I've known my "sister" Beth since I was about a year old.
14. I grew up in the same town as both sets of my grandparents.
15. My fondest memories from when I was little were with them.
16. I used to go fishing with Grandma and Grandpa N- and Carl (if you met him Brenda)
17. Carl was one of Grandpa and Grandma's card buddies. Carl used to let me put the bait on his hook.
18. I remember one of the last times I talked with Grandpa N. before he passed away.
19. We were playing cards, and I was winning.
20. This time, he wasn't letting me win.
21. One of the things he said was "Be nice to me, I'm sick."
22. I told him, you're not sick, you're just having surgery, you'll be fine. (That was in August, and He was fine, until he had a stroke...)
23. My favorite card game, thanks to those grandparents, is Shanghi Rummy.
24. I can't even remember how old I was when I started playing, but I am pretty sure I was in elementary school.
24. My other grandpa taught me to sort the M&Ms by color before I ate them.
25. I still can't eat different colored candies without sorting them first.
26. I don't care how silly it seems.
27. I've always known that M&Ms tasted best out of his dispenser.
28. Before he died, he promised me (multiple times) that I would get it when he died.
29. I don't have it. My grandma does.
30. I'm not trying to be selfish. We just had an agreement.
31. I promised him I would always keep it full.
32. He called me his Baby Girl.
33. I'm really happy I got to tell him I love him before he died.
34. I'm also really thankful that Neil was such a good sport. He joined me in the hospital when Grandpa was a little delirious.
35. I am a huge Frank Sinatra fan.
36. No, I don't care whether or not he was involved in the mob.
37. No, I also don't care how much he slept around. The man can sing!
38. If I could meet anyone dead or alive, I think I would have chosen Frank.
39. If I could have a superpower, I would want to breathe underwater.
40. Actually, I would choose the ability to take pain away from others and onto myself.
41. I really don't go to church as much as I should. But I am trying to define my beliefs for myself...
42. I used to play the congas in the worship team up in Oregon.
43. That was why I kept going back to the church.
44. When we went down to Mexico on our mission trip, I was asked to play with Pete (my fellow conga drummer!) and the Mexico church's all acoustic guitar and vocal group, La Rondalla.
45. I've never played in front of that many people before.
46. I wish I had a group to play with now.
47. I have never really liked my name.
48. My dad wanted to name me Yohanna.
49. I'm not sure whether he wanted to spell that with a J or a Y.
50. My mom wanted to name me Natalie.
51. Right now, I like Natalie better.
52. I've always wished my name were Michelle.
53. I know my name isn't that bad. I just know too many boys with the same first and or middle name too.
54. One morning when I woke up, I noticed you can make any other number on a digital clock out of an 8
55. 8 have been my favorite number ever since.
56. Neil spoils me
57. I don't mind.
58. I spoil him too sometimes. He hates it.
59. I love to cook, but am not always creative.
60. I love fish.
61. I think I could live off of shrimp, scallops, halibut, and crab.
62. Maybe not. I like my carbs a little too much.
63. I need to lose weight.
64. About 30 pounds would be nice.
64. I just like to eat too much.
65. I sleep with a teddy bear.
66. But use it as a body pillow.
67. I am bummed that my parents live in different states.
68. I want my kids to grow up knowing their grandparents as well as I knew mine.
69. I want an outdoor wedding.
70. I will never be able to repay my mom for bringing me down to California before my best friend died.
71. I was able to tell her goodbye.
72. I honestly think she was waiting for me to say "okay" before she let go.
73. While I don't remember it when I think of her, I will never forget how she looked in the hospital bed.
74. I don't care.
75. I listen to country music.
76. Aside from Ol Blue Eyes, my favorite musician is Paul Wright.
77. I went to church with him up in Oregon. He now has a contract with Gotee records.
78. If money were no matter, I would love to travel, learn photography, and set up an art studio at home.
79. I love working with clay.
80. I always get stuck at this number when counting. I cannot remember what comes after 79.
81. I have won awards for some of the projects I have made.
82. Including two "Best of Shows"
83. I would give my life for any of my friends or family.
84. That usually also includes people I just met.
85. I try to be compassionate/caring in that way.
86. I get worried that people don't like me.
87. It comes from living in a house for 2 years where a certain person (who shall go nameless) made me feel like I was worthless.
88. I gave up. I made a rather unfortunate conclusion.
89. I am a family person.
90. Even really extended family is family to me.
91. Everyone so far we've found with our same last name (spelling) is realted to us in one way or another.
92. I love that.
93. I used to not want to take on a husband's last name.
94. Now I wouldn't mind. (Especially if it is Neil's last name!)
95. I have a spending problem.
96. I've don't have proof that I've ever broken a bone.
97. But I did take a face dive in PE in 7th grade. I scared the secretary when I walked into the office.
98. My brother called me Scarface for a month.
99. Now he calls me Sparky.
100. I think I could go on...

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Great list, Jamie!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home