Tuesday, October 11, 2005

New resolution...

I need to not talk about work. It stresses me out too much.

The conference went okay. Until our plane stopped in Phoenix on the way back home. In Phoenix, I called Mom to tell her where I was, but wouldn't be able to see her. We got to talking about me coming out for Thanksgiving, and she brought up another idea, which I am going to try to follow instead. when I hung up, I mentioned to the co-worker/girlfriend of the boss I was with about flying out when Mom suggested instead of for Thanksgiving.

Her response? "Oh so the one year we give you both holidays off (for the record, Thanksgiving and Christmas are both paid holidays off that our whole office (minus the on call drivers) have off) you don't even take it?" that and something to the effect of them already having plans for THanksgiving...

For the record, earlier this year, I questioned about the possibility of having the days surrounding the holidays off so that I might go see Mom for Thanksgiving, and go with Neil for Christmas to the Carolinas to see his family. This was BEFORE we learned my mom has cancer. Also for the record, I have only submitted a time off request (which has been granted) for Christmas.

Anyway. I'm finally getting around to setting clockwork in motion to get rid of that problem.

In the meantime, the conference went well, but of course most of what I learned I can't put to use until the "new" software is implemented. I got sick over the weekend, a cold that strangely went to my chest first, and I took yesterday off sick... Another reason why the clockwork is in motion- apparently some words were exchanged in my absence yesterday that has turned some negative tension enfused turned positive attitudes negative again, and this time to another level I refuse to be subjected to.

Speaking of Mom, she is doing well. Starts her second round, I believe, next Wednesday. Her doc also said he's never seen the CA-125 levels shoot down so fast so soon! And, she won't have to go through as much chemo...

Conversations with Neil continue, and I continue to be more thankful every second that he is in my life. I think we're starting to understand our misunderstandings even further, and I'm trying to remember that he knows what he is doing... LOL I am way too impatient, and its a good thing he balances me out. Neil is very level-headed. Its not that he doesn't want to get married, its that he knows we both have things we need to accomplish before we can get there. *sigh*

Meanwhile, I'm going to go tackle my resume... suggestions? tips? Anyone want to write it for me? LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That was a blatant request for Brenda to write your resume, yes?

Find another job. The one you have will bring you down more than you realize.

Great news about your mom!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

No, I've already got it started. I just have a hard time trying to put down qualities I have that others might think are useful! I can sell the equipment, now I need to figure out how to "sell" myself on paper... hehe

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home