Monday, March 13, 2006

Raw onions...

Don't like 'em, never have. Cook 'em and I love 'em. No problem.

Its amazing how time, positive thinking, and a good and honest friend can change one. That one, is me, and the changes are for the better.

I'm letting go of things/people that aren't worth my time. I'm letting go because some of those people, no matter how great that voice in the back of my head says they may be, really aren't that great, at least not right now and how they're acting and treating me. I deserve better. So, I'm keeping my head up, and walking forward.

Everything is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Sure, there are a few things I need to do, and a few things I have on my mind, but I don't let them weigh me down. The only thing that even begins to...

Last Sunday (the 5th) a lady that used to babysit me was in a car accident with her daughter, who is named after me. The daughter is in critical condition at UC Davis in Sacramento. She's on a ventilator, in a coma, and while she's made it through the first critical 72 hours and even though progress was mentioned for the first time Friday, there is still a big chance that she might not make it and pull through. Her mom is sore, and still in shock at the whole thing, but otherwise fine. Most of the family has a positive outlook. In fact, her Grandpa and I were talking Saturday night, and were in agreement that standing at Jamie's bedside, we were overcome by a positive feeling that everything is going to be okay. Now, I admit that I'm not sure if that is because she's in God's hands and everything will be okay and she'll make a full recovery, or if its because she's in God's hands, and going home soon.

I've known the family my whole life, and my heart goes out to them right now. Jamie's uncle had to go back to work today- when he has stayed at the hospital or 2 blocks away in a hotel for the last week. Her grandparents flew back to Ohio yesterday morning, when they have been doing the same- staying at the hospital or 2 blocks away in the hotel. While I can't imagine going home and leaving a granddaughter in the hospital, I know what it is like to have to go home when a loved one is in the hospital- not knowing if it is the last time you will see her alive. I pray no one else ever has to deal with that- its not a good feeling.

We feel bad, going back to "normal" but know that there is nothing beyond prayer that we can do. If we all stayed at the hospital we would lose our jobs, and would be able to do even less. I've extended an offer to stay with the mom overnight, and was told I helped out a ton by staying with the family as long as I did... I was there from Saturday afternoon, I think around 3, to 3 Sunday morning. We reminisced about old times, had some good laughs, and caught up. It always amazes me that people can go without talking often for years, and then when something happens, its like nothing has changed at all- It makes you think about the people that care for you that you don't realize even remember your name. Wow...

I still don't know the extent of Jamie's injuries. Right now they're just trying to keep the pressure in her brain down. Once that is under control, they'll start addressing everything else they've had to put aside for now. Its hard for me to think that someone so young (she and her identical twin are 14) with so much ahead of them is going through all this- and that she might not make it. But like I said, we all have a positive feeling that everything will be okay. Its more than just a positive thought process- standing at her bedside, it was a feeling. And I know with the support they have, her family will be okay too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home