Thursday, February 09, 2006

That darn brain of mine...

I decided I was born with an active mind.

You might think this is a good thing, but right now I'm hating it.

Why? Because I can't stop thinking. And right now, I really really need to before I drive myself crazy.

You ever think of something you want/need to say to someone, and you can't stop thinking about it until you do? Yeah. That's happening to me every day. Multiple times a day. I can't get over it. So I turn my phone off. Gets better, but still drives me crazy. I listen to music, I vent to my friends, and nothing. My mind still runs ragged.

Don't shoot me- I'm dating someone. Now before you start saying its way too soon- know this- he's a really busy guy- I mean really busy. Which is perfect. 1) I shouldn't be spending all my time with someone besides myself right now 2) because he's busy, I can't! hahaha. I've also gotten to the point where I'm giving up on working for everyone else's approval, and doing what I need to do to keep myself happy. (I can't keep worrying about what I do making other people happy or unhappy... it stresses me out entirely too much, and since I've stopped, I've been a lot happier.) Which I have been. That also means I am completely comfortable dating this guy. My closest friends that know all the details are proud of me and say to just go for it and have fun. So I am. That's all there is to it.

But because I haven't been here before, I don't know what to expect, and my mind won't stop running. I'm filled with curiosity that is insatiable. Talk talk talk talk talk. I can't shut up. To anyone. I'm happy. When I'm happy, I want to talk. When I'm happy and want to talk, I want to talk to those I care most about or have the most fun around... I'm having a great day, so want to know how everyone else's day is going and if I can do anything for them.

Gah. I need a sedative for my mind. That's what I've decided. Listening to music, usual things I would do to keep my mind at rest/ease is no longer working. And I'm going crazy. er.

On another note, I got a 93% on my test last night. Which, isn't an A. Because of the requirements to pass the EMT course, I think the 93 is a B. Anything less than 80% overall is failing the class. So the percentages are offset. But that is the highest I've had on a test so far, and I'm proud of myself. I just need to work on getting even higher scores, so I can get an A. Interestingly enough, so far at Sierra, I've had As or Cs. (only 2 Cs, mind you.) No Bs. I don't want a B in this class, so I'm going to push myself as hard as I can to get the A. :D Nice to have goals to set. If I don't do it, I'll be fine, as long as I pass the National registry test at the end of the semester. I can't wait to have it over with, done, in the past, behind me.

Okay. I'm going to go attempt to stop thinking... About everything. Maybe a brisk walk will help clear my mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home