Thursday, February 16, 2006

Have I mentioned yet that I am weird?

I am. Really I am. I like being weird; like I told my cousin Amanda, it helps keep me entertained.

One of the reasons why I say I'm weird, is becoming more apparent as the semester continues. For four wheeks, and for tests in my EMT class, I have been the first student to finish the test. Not only was I the first student, I finish a good 5-10 minutes before everyone else. Each test. And I've managed to get Bs and an A on the tests! Which is pretty darn good, considering with a standard grade scale, I actually would have As. But they offset the grades to weed out the people who can't make the cut (you are dropped if at midterm you have less than 80% in the class) . Don't know why, but they do. My point? Bs aren't good enough. I want an A! Because I should have an A! I've studied hard, but am going to study harder. I've made flashcards, my lab group meets Mondays to study together, and dang it, I don't want a B. I haven't had a B at Sierra yet. I've had 2 Cs. But the rest have been As. I'll take a B, but I want an A. I'm determined. I'm going to study and study and study until I can't study anymore.

Think about it, I'm an EMT student! this can't be a bad thing. So I want to learn as much as I possibly can, because it will be someone else's life in my hands. Especially if I go on and become a paramedic. Which I am seriously considering, over nursing. But I am not ruling anything out right now. But dang it, I want that A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home