Thursday, February 23, 2006

Progress...

Want and need are two very different words
That this young woman striving for independence will not confuse
Though I will say I do want what you said I need.

My heart having been broken a few times before
I hate picking myself up off of the floor,
So next time around I’ll count only on myself.

Work towards my own dreams, whatever they may be
Knowing that one day all of the pieces of this puzzle called life
Will fall into place, when the time is truly right.

Though proud of how far I have come,
I know I still have a way to go
And I look forward to the opportunities ahead.

Comfortable at last with what I have become,
Proud that the woman within me
Is finally speaking over the giddy girl

Hoping that this time I will do it right
While eager to learn, this time
I will guard my heart.

I will tread more carefully
In satisfying my insatiable appetite of curiosity
The woman once again, overruling the notion of diving right in.

Wanting the fairy tale, countless thoughts race through my mind
Silence leaving me lost in endless wonder
Patience, a never ending lesson I have yet to master

I stand tall, grateful for every lesson that I learn
Knowing that I will be even stronger tomorrow and
One day closer to fulfilling my dreams.

I take a deep breath of cool, crisp air, smile,
Close my eyes and sit back to dream a while
Looking forward to the unknown that lies ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home