Tuesday, February 21, 2006

*sigh*

Question: How does one learn to love being alone when she loves to talk as much as I do?
My mind is filled with confusion right now.
All I really want right now is a friend. The ones that I have all have priorities and/or opportunities bigger than me.
Do I just need to learn to be a homebody and sit on my ass all weekend doing nothing? I don't have money to do a lot, but I love just hanging out and talking. That's all I really want. And I don't even need to talk. But having someone else around is nice.
Especially if it is someone I feel like I can make a difference with, even if it is just both of us having a great time goofing off or talking, whatever. Something, so when we part ways the person looks back and says, wow, that was cool, we need to do that again.
I'm not good with pretending I don't care. Because I do. Maybe that's my problem- I care too much. Can't spend that much time with me because you have too much else going on? I only care more, and want to help with whatever I can.
Okay so my thoughts behind that last comment go deeper than I'm letting on but...
Neil and I used to joke about having a "rewind" button, and when we couldn't see each other we would "rewind" in our minds to a time when we were together. Right now, I just want a "fast forward" button. Skip this crap and get on to a different day.
Meanwhile, I'm on to my closest comfort- although not as loud as I would like- that won't happen until I drive to class tonight- MUSIC!!!!
Today its the band Fall Out Boy
The song? Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year
"Are we growing up or just going down,
Its just a matter of time until we're all found out,
Take our tears and put them on ice,
I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home