Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just trying to forget

So far, each day this week someone (both different people) have said something that has totally set me back. One had to do with work, and I did the best I could to brush it of, which is something that I feel I have done an extremely good job on. My old boss (a great guy I would love to work for again) said that is one thing I needed to work on- not letting people get to me. If he knew what was said, and what I did in reaction, he would be proud. The other had to do with Neil. I've moved on, I don't know about him, but right now honestly don't care. But someone close to us both hasn't accepted that its over and hopes that we'll get back together. And every time she says so, it turns my mood to somber. Not because I want it too, but because I hate that she's hurting.

I'm tired. I'm just trying to forget the things that have been said, and remember that because I'm tired, I might make a bigger deal of other things than I should. I have nothing to be upset about right now. I've been happier these last few months than I have few years, and I feel great about where I am at. I'm proud of myself, and how far I have come. Nothing to worry about at all. At least until I know how well I do on my EMT test tonight... LOL

I also realized I've lost more weight than I thought... I have about 5 belts- and not more than a month and a half ago, I borrowed my dad's puncher so I could put new holes in the belts and wear them smaller... Well, I added holes onto 2 belts, and am already using the smallest holes. About 4 inches less! So now, I need to replace those 2 belts, and I have another that is falling apart. On a scale at a friend's house Friday night, it said I'm down 20 pounds, so have about 10 more to go realistically, 20 ideally. But I'm halfway there... My friend Jaime and I are starting to walk every night (except Wednesdays) after work, and I'm also working on sit-ups etc. Its exciting to fit back into some of my old favorite clothes...

Money, I hate right now. I'm basically taking a cut because I'm no longer "on call" which is $200 less a month. That, I'm noticing already. It sucks. My car needs work, and there are other things I want to do that I might not be able to do- trips, things for myself, for other people, etc. I turned down a job offer at the pharmacy my roomate works at because it would be an even bigger cut in pay. But I'm trying to remember that my car is paid off, and as long as I can pay for utilities, rent, insurance, and my phone each month, as well as food, I'll be fine. Extras, I can live without. I just don't like it! Oh well- maybe I'll find something that pays more. Hopefully soon. I think that will be the final step I can take in moving on, even though I feel I've moved on as far as I can anyway. It will be a good thing though.

Speaking of moving on... I'll now be moving on to boring work. haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home