Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fitting...

The best has yet to come
I can see the greatness before me
And I wait patiently with open arms

If you are too blind to see
The wonderful surrounding me
I am sorry to say it is your loss my friend

I have never been the one
To hold a grudge, even when I should
And I tell you now, honestly

All I have ever wanted is for
You to live happily
And now, for you to see me at my brightest shining hour

The blue sky may not show through the clouds today
But I know it is there
And if it does not show tomorrow, it will another day

In the meantime
I will spend my time
With those who see and love me for me

Looking back only to reminisce
Fondly, the memories
Living a life without regrets

No longer weighed down by what cannot be
Should never be
I stand tall knowing that I am no worse for the wear

Drawing closer only the select few
Who can see me truly shine
Blissfully happy at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home