Saturday, November 12, 2005

Weekend...

Follow up- I talked to Neil last night about the holiday thing, and I know its just not something he thinks about. I think we are going to go to my dad's for dinner, and go see his dad later that weekend. Which will be fine. But I have a problem controlling the tone of my voice, and come across really pissed off sometimes when I am not. And at that moment, the worst thing someone can do is say "you're pissed". THAT, throws me off the edge. So quite often, when Neil and I are just talking, and I am calming myself down for something I shouldn't even be upset about, he will say something to the fact that I am angry, and I just can't get him to understand I have a tendency to vocally react before my mind mulls over something. IE the holidays. Before we had a chance to talk, we had a couple of things to pick up, so we went to the store. I didn't feel like talking, and we had to get into one store before they closed to look for a syringe to use for the tri-tip we were having for dinner. (If you've never tried that, they usually sell syringes you can use for injecting marinades into meat with deep fryer kits, or kitchen specialty stores usually have them. They are great!) But I didn't want to talk until we got everything out of the way and could talk undistractedly. Which gave off the impression that I really was mad. I've been working on not getting "mad" as he puts it, for the last three years. Sometimes I do get upset. I admit that, but he of all people, knows that telling me how you think I feel does not make anything better. Still, he does! Today, I find it funny. Because we also know that we solve whatever problems that may come up quickly. I can't stand thinking that I might have done something wrong and that he's not happy with me. So I get over it, and we talk some more.

I love talking to Neil. He's so intelligent it amazes me constantly. Anyway. I am off to go find gifts for a baby shower tomorrow... But I wanted to post the requested picture of Keilani... I took this out at dinner last Saturday Night while I was in Arizona. Hope ya'll are having a great weekend. Talk to you soon.




Alyssa and Keilani

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home