Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Spoiled Rotten

And loving every minute of it.



Yep. Neil spoils me. But I spoil him too, and don't take it for granted so its okay.



Don't know us well enough and need an example? Read on.


I gross my office out every time Neil goes away (be it to Burning Man, Costa Rica, or some other week long trek), because every time, he sends me flowers. Because he knows I miss him. Every time. Flowers definitely don't replace not being able to talk to my best friend, but they sure are pretty. (they get grossed out because no one else does anything like that)

Another? Both of us can't stand holding onto a gift we bought in advance if we know the other will really like it. Last year, he bought me a laptop for my birthday, and gave it to me in November so we could use it on our trip to Costa Rica to watch DVDs. I can't remember what I gave him early for Christmas, but I know he fought me giving it to him (he fights me giving him almost anything, he just doesn't like me spending money on him... its not that he doesn't think he's worth it, but at the same time, that might be part of it).

He left for Costa Rica early early yesterday morning, and before he left, he gave me a new digital camera he had intended to give me for Christmas. He wanted me to be able to take pictures with it (thought I'm not going anywhere this week to take pictures of) and doesn't think the camera he gave me last Christmas is good enough.

And this afternoon, low and behold, a lovely boquet of flowers arrived at my office.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

How nice!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Its a Fujifilm S5200. Quite nice. And, my birthday present from Neil is a plane ticket to Indianapolis to see a Chargers Game (courtesy of his grandma) on the 18th of December... :D 2 things I've never done before I'll get to do for my birthday- see a NFL game, and go to Indiana! Too cool.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home