Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I had a wonderful title picked, and I just forgot what it was!

SHeesh!

Anyway. I gave in.

I finally booked an appointment to get my head checked out. I hate going in to see a doc, mostly because I always feel like nothing has been accomplished. I don't go in for an Rx, I want the problem solved.

I've been getting a lot of migranes lately. By a lot, I mean just about one a day (if it even goes away) for the last two and a half weeks. Give or take a day or three. I haven't had them this bad for a long time.

I took a suggestion and tried sinus headache medication, but that doens't do anything. Advil, Tylenol, nothing will touch my head. (I know those wont help migranes anyway, but I had tried them because I am not totally convinced they are all migranes- hence, the appointment.) The prescription migrane med I have I won't take if I can't go home, and I'm sorry, but I can't afford to go home every day. When I was in high school, I couldn't go home during the day either. So, I've basically learned to live with it. If you have ever had a migrane, you know what it is like...

But I'm going to get more aggressive. I can't tolerate this anymore. I'm getting another one as I write. Yesterday, it started on the left side in the back of my head, moved up behind my left eye, then finally settled behind my right eye. This afternoon, its settling hard behind my left eye... I've missed 3 nights of classes in the last 4 weeks, because of this. Last semester, I got them alot, but not nearly as much as I am now.

Last time I saw my doc, he put me on Verapamil- a calcium channel blocker that is also a preventative med (i think) for these darn things. But as we talked, he said to try that for a while, if it didn't seem to be helping, stop that, and another med i was taking, and see how it goes. I did, and it didn't change. So now I'm back on, and they're still not changing.

I'm sick of not being able to focus. I'm sick of being in pain. I never used to get nausea with them too, and now I do every time. I'm sick of it! SICK SICK SICK...

So, I go in at 7 tonight to see what's going on. I just hope I can still see by then.


Update- 9:31 p.m. Same day...
I went in, but since they ouldnt get me in until the after hours clinic, the doc didn't want to do much, and said i really need to follow up with my pcp. which I plan on doing first thing tomorrow morning. he did write me 2 rxs, 1 for an anti-nausea med (which was a great thing, becuase about 2 hours after this post lost my lunch and everything that came before it. ) and the other for an additional preventative med... I just hate taking meds... I also hate people who aren't medical professionals trying to tell me what my problem is when they really have no idea what they are talking about. just because you worked in a doctors office does not mean you know my whole story and have the right to tell me what i should do. i didnt' ask for your opinion. Anyway... off to crash until morning... and maybe then some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home